Dog's Best Friend

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Why I think my dog is human

I swear he is. Reasons?

a) He thinks he's human. He hates all other dogs.
b) He needs his first mouthful of food from mommy's hand. Then he eats the rest
c) Every day at mealtime I need to threaten him with "Kaaka vardhu paar!" - then he runs to his plate
d) If someone steps on him by accident he comes running to mommy - "look mommy I got hurt" and then I have to pet him and say "Its ok sweetie" and then he bounds off satisfied
e) After every walk he runs into the bathroom to get his feet washed and barks until we do it
f) He needs a pillow to sleep
g)He has 'looks' for all occasions
- There's the hurt look which he puts on when I feed my baby before I feed him.
- There's the Me too, Me too look when I get ready to go out and he jumps up and down next to his leash.
- There's the Sorrowful look aka the I-can't-believe-you're-not-taking-me-along look.

- There's the Disbelieveing look when I actually say 'Come smokey lets go' - he just sits there for a few seconds, alert, paws poised for flight, waiting for me to repeat that.

- There's the I'm-feeling-cold-I-wanna-sleep-up-there-with-you-mommy look- which i can never resist much to my husband's irritation

My friend says he's the only dog she's seen who actually emotes.

I've decided that I love him inspite of his humanness. After all don't we love dogs so much because they're so unlike us?

3 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your dog sounds so sweet! Why don't you post some pics of your dog! "looks" for every occasion is so cute! I am afraid of dogs if they come near me but I really like 'em.
BTW - for many of the same reasons my husband and I think our son is so much like a puppy dog! :)

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Dog's Best Friend said...

He's the sweetest! And yes, we do find a lot of similarities between smokey and the baby too...though i don't tell too many people that - tends to shock the non-dog-lovers.

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love your doggy! Oh choo chweet! love him without ever setting eyes on him!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home