Dog's Best Friend

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Notes to myself

Dear Dog's Best

Every time you feel your arms are being yanked off their sockets when you're carrying Vidur around ...think about the day when he'll be too big for you to lift him

Every time he screams for you to "come out this instant" from the bathroom while you take your two-minute shower...think about the time when he can't wait for you to get out of the house so he can have a party

Every time Smokey whines and whines for a walk during the hottest hour of the day....think about the days when he'll be too old to do more than lift his head and wag his stump at you (he's a cocker spaniel)

Every time you think 'won't amma stop rambling on and on about someone I have absolutely no interest in' ...think about the days when you'll be talking to only her memory

Every time you think your dad is so impatient and short with you...think about the time when you'd give anything to hear him yell at you just one more time

Every time you wish everyone would just leave you alone...think about the times when you'll wish that atleast the neighbour's dog would give you a friendly bark.

Every time you write a note to yourself ...think about the time when you may be too senile to understand it.
I think I should stop writing notes to myself

8 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, Blogger Alpha said...

awesome...someone's been busy out here. loved them all. keep writing. someday you'll be popular like me. thathastu! (not baby language)

Still reeling over your worms in the stomach blessing! gross!

 
At 8:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to know other moms feel the same way! Sometimes I thought I was insane to do that :) There are times when I used to be depressed I did not have a dog (I love dogs) but the thought of my pet growing old kinda frightens me more that I settled to love my friends' dogs :D

 
At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice one...true. But when baby dear is screaming his guts out tapping on the door and trying to put his little fingers through the bottom of the door in the few minutes I am in the bathroom I just wish he would stop or someone would just take him away from there and entertain him...breaks my heart to come out and see tears running down his cheeks - wonder what they think - that we will disappear into that room and not come out?
Sad to think some of the things you've written are inevitable and will happen...

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger Dog's Best Friend said...

Aparna - ur right about the pet thing - it's too painful to even think about losing my beloved smokey...I try to avoid thinking about it.
Noon - I completely agree - I feel like a heel when I come out of the bathroom to see a wailing baby who thinks I've abandoned him or something.Sigh. I often wonder what theyre thinking too - where can I possibly go from the bathroom??

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

hello dbf : u write wonderfully!

 
At 2:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) nice thoughts

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Dog's Best Friend said...

Thanks Siri...
Pravin - nice you think? A little morbid thought I...

 
At 1:22 AM, Blogger The ramblings of a shoe fiend said...

Time for a new post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home